How vHelp Shopping works
- With help from local organisation or family John registers and saves his card with vHelp
- Anita is assigned to help John, she gets the shopping and pays for it
- Anita scans the receipt using vHelp app and delivers the Shopping to John
- vHelp charges John's the exact amount spent and reimburses Anita
- No need for the vulnerable person to visit the bank or hand over cash on the doorstep
- Full audit trail of the volunteer's activities and any money exchange
- The volunteer is protected and guaranteed to get reimbursed
- The Service User's data is protected
- The person in need of help does not require any digital skills
- Is there a cost to use vHelp Shopping?
- We are an organisation, how can I start using the service?
- I am a volunteer can I register to use vHelp Shopping for my neighbour?
- How do volunteers get reimbursed after completing a job?
- As a volunteer or a service user registering with you, is my data safe?
- Can I register a service user who needs support directly with vHelp?
- Would the service user (person needing support) need to use the app?
- A local charity has registered my dad with vHelp. How do I know his card details are safe and he isn’t getting over charged?
If you need assistance, we're here to help
020 7117 2097